“I would never let anyone hit me, I’d leave !!!”
Easier said than done …
“why doesn’t she “JUST” leave? We all ask.
I chatted with a sister after church and as women always do, we went from one topic to another and we just connected. She told me a very dark secret that shocked me.
I had never chatted with her before that day but her family was one that I admired from a distance. They were an ideal family in my eyes; husband, wife, daughter and son.
I never understood what would keep a woman in such a terrible relationship.
I was always judgmental calling such women fools until I came face to face with a victim who was completely honest and transparent. I realized that –
“When you love you wish to do things for, you wish to sacrifice for,
you wish to serve” – Ernest Hemingway
• How can she leave?
. How can she leave a man who has changed her life and that of her family?
. A man who cared enough to improve everyone in her immediate family:
– Her mum has a shop where she sews and earns a living.
– Her immediate younger sister just graduated from the university and
the other two are in school.
All thanks to her abusive husband …
• How can she leave a man who loves his children so dearly and sacrifices everything to give them the best that life has to offer?
• How can she leave a man who gives all his time outside of work to help her around the house while chatting and having hearty laughs with her?
• How can she leave a man who is committed to the things that pertain to God?
• How can she leave a man who admits he has a problem and needs help?
• How can she leave a man who has taken obvious steps to be better?
Some situations are soooo complicated …